Version 2.1 of the CorasWorks Capture and Proposal Management (CnP) solution for Federal Government Contractors has been released. Over the next few weeks you’ll see articles, press releases, webcasts, and customer case studies for the solution. This article will provide you with an overview of the solution to get you started.
Background of the Solution
Over our 10 years, we have supported many customers that have leveraged the CorasWorks Work Management platform to create custom Proposal Management solutions that run on SharePoint. Over the last year, as we’ve built our Federal Contractor business we’ve found considerable demand for a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solution for Capture and Proposal Management running on SharePoint. Version 2.1 delivers this COTS solution as a comprehensive, integrated, and flexible way to master the full life cycle of Capture and Proposal Management. Its flexible design (technically and via pricing) enables it be leveraged by small and mid-sized businesses and the largest enterprises.
Overview of CnP v2.1
CnP v2.1 is a 3 module system. It is designed to allow you to get started quickly with a COTS, comprehensive, integrated solution that can be easily customized, enhanced and extended. The schematic below depicts the core three modules.
Capture and Proposal Management Center – this module is the center of the system. It allows you to manage all opportunities/proposals through a structured Stage-Phase-Step life cycle. It provides you with the top down visibility and overall management of your proposal pipeline. Typically, customers configure this module to reflect (visually and functionally, see screenshot below) their custom Shipley/Lohfeld/APMP process model. CorasWorks then automates the work of the users to manage the process.
Proposal Working Sites – this is where the collaborative work takes place for each opportunity/proposal from capture through post-proposal. It is full of CorasWorks enhanced Work Management features to organize and automate the work with integration with all CnP system features, native SharePoint and external applications and systems.
Proposal Asset Library – a key part of the system is the availability of the Proposal Asset Library (PAL) to manage assets such as Past Performance, Forms, Policies, Boilerplate, Graphics, Resumes etc. Leveraging the integrated nature of this solution these resources are made available to users as they work in proposal sites.
Below is the home page of the CnP Management Center. In this implementation, a customers’ 4 Stage, 8 Phase, 22 Step “baseline” process is depicted visually to show where everything stands.
[Click on the image to enlarge]
Key Features of the Solution
Below I’ll highlight key features of the CorasWorks CnP v2.1 solution.
- Support for custom Stage-Phase-Step Process - flexible Stage-based process management and the ability to embed the solution with your customized way of working
- Auto-provisioning and configuration of Proposal Working Sites
- All Documents Work Management – special display allowing users to go to one place to see and act on all documents related to a proposal across multiple libraries
- Color Review Workspaces – special workspaces for proposal color and gate reviews supporting review and commenting
- Master Calendaring – central master calendar of events such as color reviews across all proposals in the system, editable and accessible from within each proposal working site
- Pinpoint Search and Fetch – ability for users to search and fetch information from Proposal Asset Libraries while working within a proposal site
- Writer Assignment Management – automation of the assignment, notification, and management of writer tasks
- My Work – enable users to see, contribute and act on work related to them as individuals from across the system
- Support for Role-Based Work Consoles – ability to create work consoles where users of a certain role, such as teaming partners, can go and work with information from across the system
- Configurable reporting – off-the-shelf you have configurable reporting in Tabular Reports with one click to print, to Excel, PDF, and Word. You also have configurable Pivot Charting.
- Integration of third-party CRM Systems – ability to integrate the solution with the leading CRM systems (Deltek GovWin, Salesforce, MS CRM) and just about any other external system (ERP, HR, Custom, SAAS app)
CnP v2.1: Flexibility to Accommodate and Innovate
If you are using any of the COTS legacy proposal management solutions in the market you are constrained by their proprietary, fragile, and custom coded design. If you are using SharePoint that is heavily customized by IT or a proprietary system, while this may mean that it could be modified, the cost, risk, and time is so high that change is constrained. If you use native SharePoint or Alfresco or file shares, you are probably working with tools that are feature constrained, relying on manual content-driven work, siloed document libraries, siloed proposal sites and an environment where assets like proposal asset libraries are siloed.
With CorasWorks CnP v2.1, you are in a different world. The COTS solution is feature rich but is really your base solution. As a solution on the CorasWorks Work Management platform, it is unusually flexible and unusually easy to change – so easy that it is normally business users that customize, enhance, and even extend the solution leveraging the market leading CorasWorks Configuration Wizards. This flexibility enables organizations to get what they want today, change things on the fly to accommodate specific work needs, and to innovate as their needs change.
A new choice
Now, with CorasWorks CnP v2.1 you have a new choice. If you have little in the way of formal CnP tools or are using native SharePoint, you don’t have to just make do. Our affordable pricing model allows you to move up the value stack to a COTS solution on SharePoint with a rich feature set to optimize your work and stay competitive. Or, if you are heavily invested in a legacy, costly system you can replace them or enhance them with just what you need often at less than it costs you to maintain them.
No matter where you come from, the key is that you are not switching to a locked-in COTS system. CorasWorks CnP is open, flexible and will allow you to decide where you want to go from here.
For more information:
- The Federal Contractor section of our web site (with multiple solutions and case studies).
- Customer Case Study: CnP v2.1 System for $30M, 200 person Federal Contractor now graduating from Small Business
- Article: Getting to a Competitive Capture and Proposal Management system on SharePoint – example of a successful CnP v2.1 implementation
- Or, email us at email@example.com and reference CorasWorks CnP.